Welcome

WELCOME TO MY BLOG CELEBRATE FAITH. SHARING MY FAITH AND PRACTICE. REGULAR UPDATES EVERY WEEK

Tuesday, October 30, 2018

An Awareness of Suffering in Your Own Body

Yes, My body is suffering and its suffering badly.  The reason is the disease Ulcerative Colitis. How does your body suffer?  Is suffering of your body real?  Is your body suffering or you are suffering?  The questions could go on and on your suffering.  Finally, we have to find an answer which involves our humility to accept this complex reality of our human body that is a mystery. 

Along with our thoughts and minds our body suffers when sickness enters.  Moreover the body suffers terribly when we begin to treat our sickness.  We take medicines, tablets, syrups, undergo various therapies, receive biological medicines, inject steroids and so on and so forth.  When we take these medicines, our body begins to ache especially not the part which is sick but the other good parts of the body.

One of the examples I could describe here is how I developed cataract in both of my eyes. Before I could get the Ulcerative Colitis I had a very good eyesight and vision.  Within 10 months of starting my medication which included strong steroids and biological medicines I already began to feel dimness in my eye sight.  The matter got worse when I went through the scanning (CT) of my stomach a procedure followed by receiving a lengthy injection.  Once I got out of the scanning theatre one of my eye couldn’t see anything and everything looked to me blurred.  After three months when I went through second scanning I lost the vision of my another eye. Continuous taking of allophatic medicines cause nothing but suffering of weaker parts of the body.  Finally, tablets and other substances that are injected into the body are nothing but chemical compositions which enter an alien body causing the human body such an anxiety.  At last, the natural human body is unable to withstand with the foreign agent making its home in it.

This above incident suggests that our human body is continuously threatened not only by viruses, germs and other bacteria’s but also those components which supposedly rectify the body.  If you take each part of the body separately, nerves, finger, colon, heart, liver, skin, membrane, tissue, nano cells of the body, retina, etc., you might ask don’t these parts of the body asking themselves why I should be receiving the consequences of an injection which is meant to the colon but adversely affecting the retina of the eye? 

- Olvin Veigas
30 Oct 2018

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Father, as I sit down to pen something for your message here, I prayed earnestly for the courage and strength that you being in the hands of God, in all your sufferings and pain, He will never leave you nor forsake you. Let you give yourself to the Lord, let Him do with you as He pleases. Ram's family was living in a forest. It just leaves me with a good sense of a good feeling that I wanted to share with you. Ram, Sita and Lakshmana lived in a forest. One day,Lakshmana took a sword and pierced it into the ground. Immediately,Ram realised that something had happened under the ground. He looked everywhere and saw a frog sitting under the ground, wounded because of Lakshmana's act. Ram felt pity on the frog and took it to his hands. It felt very happy and told Ram,"Though I'm having so much pain,I feel so happy. Because of my suffering, I can sit in your hands. How good it is to sit in your hands! Tagore says, "During sorrow after sorrow,it is His steps that press upon my heart and it is the golden touch of His feet that makes my joy shine." I wanted to make this prayer with you," God grant me SERENITY to accept the things I can't change and that I gladly accept and join them with the sufferings of yours." Remember you are going to merit His reward through your sufferings and trials.