Welcome

WELCOME TO MY BLOG CELEBRATE FAITH. SHARING MY FAITH AND PRACTICE. REGULAR UPDATES EVERY WEEK

Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Fr Pedro Arrupe, SJ: Life and Legacy

As part of the Diamond Jubilee of Mount St Joseph, 22 August 2019, an exhibition on the life and legacy of Fr Pedro Arrupe, SJ was held in the house Aula.  In the following short video we have tried to communicate on this great man of the Church and the Society of Jesus, Fr Pedro Arrupe, whose cause for sainthood is opened recently by declaring him the Servant of God. 

Personally, I am very much inspired by Fr Arrupe a Basque Jesuit.  I came to know him through his writings during my Novitiate training between 1993-95 in Bangalore.  I read a number of articles, talks etc, which were published in book forms.   His life fascinated me passionately because of his experiences in Japan as a missionary and his incredible passion for Christ and the Eucharist.  

During my Roman studies at the Gregorian University between 2003-06, I was living at Collegio Internazionle del Gesù, adjacent to Gesù Church. His remains are buried in this Gesù Church, Rome.  Often, I used to spend a few moments, where a small red electric bulb would ignite a devotion to him.

Interestingly, many Jesuits prayed for my speedy recovering through the intercession of Fr Pedro Arrupe, while I was recovering from severe ulcerative colitis at the Canisio Jesuit Infirmary, Rome in 2015.  I felt that because I was working in Russia, probably Arrupe would be kind enough to intercede for me since I too in some way followed in his footsteps, leaving my home country.

I tried to put together this following video.

Have a nice viewing!

- Olvin Veigas, SJ

10 September 2019

1 comment:

Unknown said...

A handful of heartfelt thanks to Our spiritual Master Fr.Olvin's soulful words about the life and legacy of a wonder worker, Godly Man Fr.Pedro Arrupe who lived a good life and earned a good name. From all the exhibits I could see in the Vedio, I learned that his life is his message. Here you deserve appriciation for taking his goodness to the people around. I Admire your generosity and keen interest to exalt the people as they are. Nice to be in touch with your Articles.